Type of Tour: Group tour, private tour
Duration: approx 3 hours
Minimum booking: x10 guests
Maximum booking: x20 guests
Rate: ZAR 3300 per person including transfers (min billing ZAR 33000) / ZAR 3000 per person excluding transfers (min billing ZAR 30000)
- 12 courses of traditional dishes reimagined
- Beautiful traditional music performed by a trio
- A private home setting high up in the Bokaap
- Incredible desserts!
- Barakat or take-home gift
- Transfers from hotel to venue and back
- All food and drinks
- Music performance
- Discretionary tips
- Alcoholic drinks (not permitted in any form)
Best suited for
- Groups of minimum 10 and maximum 20 looking for an immersive culinary experience
- Extended families wanting to celebrate with a special private high level cultural dining experience
- Groups of friends who delight in sharing expansive food and culture experiences
A PRIVATE DINNER PARTY
This expansive culinary and cultural experience takes place in the home of a cook based in the Bokaap. It is a home dinner party, with all the ease and grace of visiting a friend at home.
In fact it is a family affair, with sons and daughters in the roles of waiters, assistant chefs and maître d’, neighbors popping by and conversation flowing between musicians and kitchen staff and neighborly visits.
A 12 COURSE FEAST
Twelve courses are served across the evening, consisting of four starter courses, four main courses and four desserts. Each course sees a traditional Cape Malay dish re-imagined and reinvented.
Central to the experience is music. A trio of Bokaap musicians play Goema tunes andQasida music. Goema is the indigenous music of the Western Cape, which has strongly influenced Cape Jazz and the carnival traditional of the Cape. AndQasida is a form of beautiful poetic Islamic music. The music weaves throughout the evening.
FEEL AT HOME
Each course is introduced by the host, and all the culinary action is visible in the open kitchen. Guests are encouraged to engage in the process, welcomed to pop into the kitchen to observe, and welcome to get into conversation with the musicians.
Vegetarians and vegans are welcome, and most dietary needs are catered to.