Three nights and three days exploring creativity in Cape Town, South Africa’s creative Capital.
Cape Town was the World Design Capital for 2014, and it is considered to be the creative hub of South Africa. Ideas are created in Cape Town, and executed in Johannesburg, that’s generally the format. With access to incredible spaces of beauty and reflection, Cape Town is a natural creative environment. It’s a city with some of the best restaurants on the continent, and some of the most creative activism. In the galleries and on the streets, from historic centre to Khayelitsha CBD, this three day journey explores the most creative nooks and crannies of the city.
We meet a range of creative minds, including artists, designers, architects, musicians, planners, brewers and makers.
- Langa Township Art Gallery
- Lynedoch Eco-Village
- Street art in Woodstock, Khayelitsha and Mitchells Plain
- the Langa Quarter
- John Bauer, Anathi Tyawa, Roscoe Masters and other artists
- Yondela’s Shack Fusion Kitchen
- Hilton Schilder and other great city musicians
- Design precincts
- Fashion designers
- Theatre in the Backyard