Duration: 4 hours (approx)
Private bookings only
Monday to Saturday 09h00 – 13h00
- A private concert featuring original music
- Meet a designer in studio
- Access to art curator at a gallery or artist in studio
- Private guide and transport
- Home-cooked lunch
- Collection from and return to accommodation
- Mineral water
- Discretionary tips
- Items of a personal nature
This tour is best suited for
- Guests seeking creative nuance and insight in Johannesburg
- Travelers who enjoy creativity and the arts as a lense to explore a city
- Love of music, design and fine art
Sometimes we here at Coffeebeans think that actually Johannesburg should have been awarded the World Design Capital 2014 status (Cape Town got it). Just sometimes. Because there is so much overt design in the City of Gold, so much street-level creativity, that you could be forgiven for thinking that in fact Jozi is the creative capital of South Africa. The economic and financial capital of the country doesn’t have creative status, and certainly doesn’t market itself as a creative city, but there is powerful creative energy in Johannesburg.
Over this four hour journey three of the city’s key creative outputs are showcased, drawing from a palette that includes art, architecture, design, food, fashion and music.
A typical tour could start with public art, hosted by an artist, then visit a fashion designer in studio, and finish with a visit to the home of a musician for a concert and lunch. It might feature music, architecture and pan African food.
Whatever the programme for the day, we aim to offer a selection of the best examples of Johannesburg’s creativity.
Along the way guests meet a range of creative minds, including artists, designers, architects, musicians, planners, brewers and makers.