Type of Tour: Private tour
Duration: approx 4 hours
Rates: from USD 200 pp
- Private wine tasting at a Soweto wine emporium
- Pairing of Soweto wine favorites with iconic dishes
- Insight into wine and culinary culture in Soweto, and future wine trends
- All food and drinks
- Private guide and vehicle
- Collection from and return to hotel
- Discretionary tips
- Items of a personal nature
Best suited for
- Wine lovers
- Travelers interested in culture
- Special interest groups
Soweto has long been South Africa’s hippest city. So much of South Africa’s cool stuff is born here and exported to the rest of the world. Trends are shaped in Soweto. Soweto is where the contemporary and the traditional merge to find new form.
And Soweto is South Africa’s newest wine playground.
Soweto is where South African wine looks and feels African – paired with traditional dishes, enjoyed alongside African music, discussed in indigenous languages. This is where South African wines, produced far away in the in the Western Cape, come to find new voice.
On this private, half-day experience, guests are immersed in Soweto’s wine scene. Enjoy a private tasting at a wine emporium, presented by a Soweto sommelier, followed by a pairing of wine with iconic Soweto dishes.
A typical itinerary could look like this:
- 14h00 collection from accommodation, introduction to the programme. Transfer to Soweto
- 14h40 sommelier hosted wine tasting at Morara Wine Emporium in Soweto
- 16h00 wine and traditional food pairing at The Palate, Soweto
- 17h20 transfer to hotel
- 18h00 drop off back at hotel