Duration: 3 hours (approx)
Monday to Saturday
- Explore beautiful towns of Kylemore, Pniel, Lanquedoc and Johannesdal
- 11 murals, painted by locals and South African graffiti legends
- Meet one of the artists
- Light, home-cooked lunch
- Transport between art sites
- Tour guide
- Lunch and soft drinks in a home-restaurant
- Transport to and from the starting point
- Alcoholic drinks
- Discretionary gratuities
Best suited for
- Fans of public art and street or graffiti art
- Travelers seeking a very local experience
- Those wanting to meet local people and get a very local perspective
- Travelers who want to eat local food
- Incentive groups
What to know before booking
- This is a group experience, you will join other travelers (also available on a private basis on request)
- Once you have made your booking, a confirmation will be sent to your email.
- The confirmation will contain the address of the starting point, directions, and the time to be there
- Most dietary needs are catered for, please indicate in the Special Requirements section
In August of 2016, the Dwars River Escape Route hosted the first ever annual Street Art Festival in the Dwars River Valley.
The result was an exhibition of 12 works, spread across the four towns of the valley – Pniel, Lanquedoc, Kylemore and Johannesdal.
The works were painted by a mix of Valley artists, and artists from other parts of Cape Town, including some of the biggest names in South African street art.
This three hour experience takes guests behind the scenes on a tour of all the works. Learn about the artists, the works, the festival and the history and heritage of the Dwars River valley. Many of the works tell stories of the valley’s past, while suggesting something of the future. Along the way, you will meet one of the artists whose work is featured.
The experience culminates in a light meal of traditional food at one of the home restaurants in the valley.
An experience of the Dwars River Escape Route