Duration: 4 hours (approx)
Afternoons, 1400 – 1800
SPECIAL OFFER! 10% OFF STANDARD RATE OF USD $130 pp UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2018!
- Sample Cape Malay and isiXhosa traditional foods
- Experience local food in the home of a local cook
- Taste local street food
- All food and non-alcoholic drinks
- Hotel drop off if centrally located
- Discretionary tips
- Hotel collections
Have you heard of snoek? Injeera? Koesusters? Daaltjies? Ulusu? Umngqusho?
These are just some of the foods we have in Cape Town.
With the incredible diversity of people in the city, you can imagine the kind of diversity of foods we have. So the Cuisine Route was designed to give guests the chance to explore the city through food. It’s a great lense.
On this half day experience you will sample the flavours and stories behind several of the different cultural foods of the city, from street food to chisa nyamas or hot meat bars to traditional home-cooked cuisine.
The tour generally includes food elements across a wide ambit of Cape Town, including the historic city, and townships such as Langa and Guguletu.
A typical itinerary could look like this:
- 14h00 guests meet at Coffeebeans Routes HQ and enjoy a welcome drink
- 14h15 tour departs
- 14h25 sample Cape Malay street food in the Bokaap and visit the spice shop
- 15h30 sample street and local food in small eaters in Langa
- 16h45 home cooked isiXhosa spread in Guguletu
- 17h45 return to the city
- 18h00 drop off at starting point and / or accommodation