SCHEDULED TOUR, MIN 2
Tuesday and Thursday nights only
Max 12 places per night
R2500 PER PERSON
Duration: 2.5 – 3 hours (approx)
- Meet a local jazz musician in their home
- Enjoy a home-cooked meal in the home of the musician
- Local beer, juice, water
- Collection from and return to accommodation
- Alcoholic drinks
- Discretionary gratuities
What makes this different to the Jazz Safari?
- This is a scheduled tour with no minimum numbers required. The Jazz Safari operates on a private basis only
- There is one concert featured, instead of two on the Jazz Safari
- This tour is a little shorter, running at approximately 2.5 to 3 hours.
Our Jazz Dinner is a scheduled tour, suitable for the solo traveler, couples and anybody that wants to join other travellers on a special evening journey. Guests enjoy a visit to the home of a Cape Town musician for a home-cooked dinner and an intimate concert.
Cape Town is an incredibly musical city. This is the city where music is at its most creative in South Africa, something which is due partly to the natural environment we have, which encourages creativity, but mainly it is because of the history of the city and the diversity of people and cultures and sounds that have ended up here.
The experience is intimate and deep, full of music and engagement and fun. It is a unique opportunity to meet a local musician away from club stages, and an excellent way to discover more about Cape Town and the lives of the people that live in it – through the music.
The Jazz Dinner musicians featured are performers and composers of original music, they are young and old, and they are the musicians defining the sound of the city.
A typical itinerary looks like this:
- 18h45 – 19h15 Collection at accommodation
- 19h30 Arrive at the home Jazz Dinner host
- 19h30 – 2115 Dinner, concert, conversation
- 21h15 – 21h45 Drop off at accommodation