Duration: 4 hours (approx)
Monday to Saturday
14h00 – 18h00
SPECIAL OFFER! 10% OFF STANDARD RATE OF USD $150 pp UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2018!
- sample a range of different traditional food and drinks
- meet local cooks
- street food and shisa nyama or hot meat
- all food and drinks
- hotel collection and drop-off
- mineral water
- discretionary tips
- incentive groups
- vegetarians can be catered for
The Johannesburg Cuisine Safari is a three part dining experience curated across Johannesburg. The focus is on traditional foods, sometimes with a contemporary twist. Guests taste their way through the city spatially, historically, and culturally.
Where the tasting sessions take place will depend on the day, but there are always three components. Sometimes we feature our Soweto Soul Food Tasting Menu at the heart of the experience, sometimes it’s a Sotho inspired Farm to Fork Tasting Menu at an urban farm downtown. Around one of these centrepieces, we explore some Pan African flavours, in a small eatery downtown, and some of the famous shisa nyama, cuts of meat barbequed street side. Local drinks also feature, sometimes in the form of local beer and fermented maize drinks.
A typical itinerary could look like this:
- 1345 – 1415 collection of guests at hotels
- 1430 Pan African course downtown
- 1530 Farm to Fork Sotho Tasting Menu in Bertrams
- 1700 Shisa Nyama
- 1740 – 1815 Transfer back to hotels