PRIVATE OR GROUP TOURS ONLY
Duration: 4 hours (approx)
Pricing (pp) in ZAR
|1||R9 153||R9 153|
|2||R4 680||R9 359|
|3||R3 578||R10 735|
|4||R2 664||R10 658|
|5||R2 349||R11 743|
|6||R2 284||R13 703|
|7||R2 113||R14 788|
|8||R2 050||R16 398|
|9||R1 943||R17 483|
To book send email to email@example.com
- Sample Cape Malay and isiXhosa traditional foods
- Experience local food in the home of a local cook
- Taste local street food
- all food and non-alcoholic drinks
- Collection from and return to central accommodation
- mineral water
- discretionary tips
- items of a personal nature
Best Suited for:
- Travelers preferring private programmes
- Groups of friends
- Foodies interested in traditional dishes
- Incentive groups (please email us a request for large groups)
Have you heard of snoek? Injeera? Koesusters? Daaltjies? Ulusu? Umngqusho?
These are just some of the foods we have in Cape Town.
With the incredible diversity of people in the city, you can imagine the kind of diversity of foods we have. So the Cuisine Route was designed to give guests the chance to explore the city through food. It’s a great lense.
On this half day experience you will sample the flavours and stories behind several of the different cultural foods of the city, from street food to chisa nyamas or hot meat bars to traditional home-cooked cuisine.
The tour generally including food elements across a wide ambit of Cape Town, including the historic city, and townships such as Langa and Guguletu.
- 0900 Collection at accommodation, overview of the programme
- 0930 Tasting of Cape Malay dishes in the home of a local cook
- 1100 Tasting of iconic township street foods
- 1145 Tasting of isiXhosa dishes in the home of a township based cook
- 1300 Drop off at accommodation