PRIVATE TOUR ONLY
Duration: 4 hours (approx)
1900 – 2300
Pricing (pp) in ZAR:
To book send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet local jazz musicians in their homes
- Dine on local cuisine in the homes of the musicians
- Discover the city through her music
- Tea or coffee
- Entrance fees to jazz venue if applicable
- Collection from and return to accommodation
- Alcoholic drinks
- Discretionary gratuities
Cape Town is an incredibly musical city. This is the city where music is at its most creative in South Africa, something which is due partly to the natural environment we have, which encourages creativity, but mainly it is because of the history of the city and the diversity of people and cultures and sounds that have ended up here.
On this special music journey we are going to travel deep inside the jazz music of the city, by visiting local jazz musicians in their homes.
Part one is a visit to the home of a jazz musician for dinner, with music and conversation, and part two is a visit either to the home of a second musician for a nightcap, or to a jazz venue for the late set.
The experience is intimate and deep, full of music and engagement and fun. It is a unique opportunity to meet local musicians away from club stages, and an excellent way to discover more about Cape Town and the lives of the people that live in it – through the music.
Our hosts include will Cape Town musicians young and old, all of them composers and performers. These are the musicians defining the sound of the city.
A typical itinerary could look like this:
- 19h00 Collection at accommodation
- 19h15 Tour departs
- 19h40 Arrive at the home of the first host for dinner and a concert
- 21h40 Arrive at home second host for nightcap concert
- 23h00 Drop off at accommodation